[time-nuts] FE-5680A firmware dump

Elio Corbolante eliocor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 09:27:33 UTC 2012

From: Mike McCauley
>>> I've been considering ripping the firmware from the mcu as well.  I've
not
>>> got beyond the consideration stages, but i have all the equipment here
at
>>> work. When you say that the read option is not available. is this
because
>>> the chip has protection fuses enabled?
>Id like to help with the disassembly if you can get the binary dump.

Don't worry: when I will be able to dump the firmware I will let it on the
public domain.
BTW, I have the opportunity to use the IDA disassembler (a friend of mine
is a licensed user) so I think the disassembly of the code will be rather
good.
Any knowledge of a public domain 8051 disassembler which can rival IDA in
performance/code analysis?

_     Elio.