[time-nuts] Low-long-term-drift clock for board level integration?

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Mon Feb 20 01:07:12 UTC 2012

What you are looking for is the Caesium standard on a chip that
is presently only available for mostly military projects. This
will become available as war surplus after WW III.

But if you are going to correct it with NTP, a simple crystal
oscillator will do. If you're using NTP, why do you need to
initially set it to GPS accuracy?

Your best solution is to maintain the GPS antenna and only use
GPS to discipline a good crystal oscillator.

Do you plan to regulate the ambient and power environment to
some degree of accuracy?

Note that 10 microseconds is 1 part in 10E5. The folks on this
list deal in parts per 10E12. $300 will buy you a standalone
GPS receiver that does parts in 10E9, but it is bigger than a
circuit board.

Can you use a standalone receiver to always generate a 10 MHz
signal or pulse per second signal that is distributed to all
of the measurement devices in a facility?

Bill Hawkins, who has ideas but is not a professional