[time-nuts] Low-long-term-drift clock for board level integration?

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Feb 20 07:13:59 UTC 2012

Hi Bill,

should have added a disclaimer, I am involved with Jackson Labs  Tech..

The Trimble part with oscillator looks interesting, probably an NCO not a
GPSDO I would think. They are as usually not putting any real data in their
specsheets.. The TCXO they are using will determine performance in hodover
mode,  so it would be interesting to see the thermal spec on that unit.

Do you know what price point they are looking at?

bye,
Said

In a message dated 2/19/2012 22:18:46 Pacific Standard Time, woody at pch.net
writes:

On  Feb 19, 2012, at 9:02 PM, SAIDJACK at aol.com wrote:
> this is potentially  possible with the small M9108
> or the Jackson Labs Technologies  GPSTCXO.

Thanks for the pointer to both of them…  It looks like  Jackson Labs have
several interesting similar products, and I didn't know  about them before.
I'll give them a call.

> 1) The Trimble  Resolution-T May work, but the above stated units have a
50
>  channel WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS GPS receiver and are also GPS Disciplined
>  Oscillators  not just timing GPS receivers. The trimble unit may only be
 a 12 channel
> receiver like the Resolution-T and doesn't seem to  support SBAS?

With and without integrated  oscillators:

http://trl.trimble.com/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-577770/022542-014A_ICM-S
MT_DS_US_08_11.pdf
http://trl.trimble.com/docushare/dsweb/Get/Document-454103/Resolution-SMT_DS
.pdf