[time-nuts] How best to exchange Large files?

ehydra ehydra at arcor.de
Tue Feb 21 22:16:08 UTC 2012

I think most users have ADSL, where the problem is the low upload
bandwidth. If the connection drops, the whole file is lost.

The download is much faster and so there is a good change to save the
whole file.
If not:
If the web-browser and the file-owning server understand reconect, one
can retry the download and then the old file merges with the new part
without further effort.

So I wonder if FTP does it the same way? Any experience?

My problem is that I want to send a big file to another person, but my
internet upload bandwidth is way to small.

Any suggestions? I run a web-server with PHP and a FTP-server.

As I learned from the thread a torrent-app is not enough. Transfering
via POP3 looks impossible because seldom the two email-server will have
both account limitations beyond 100MB.

cheers -
Henry

--