[time-nuts] How best to exchange Large files?

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 23:03:39 UTC 2012

I used Bittorrent last time to do this because of the ease and
reliability factor.  There is no resuming since it does not work that
way and the whole process was just set and forget.  HTTP and FTP can
usually resume aborted transfers as well but require explicit support
from both sides and in practice, we had problems with corruption. With
a file download service, the problem would have been resuming aborted
uploads.

Since I was only sharing with a couple of people, I just sent the
magnet links via chat but the torrent files themselves could have been
sent via email.  I do have home HTTP and FTP servers so using an open
directory to hold the torrent files for downloading could have been
done if it was a regular operation.