[time-nuts] ebay warning

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Wed Feb 22 17:38:21 UTC 2012

Hi

I've often wondered if there are actually more than two people selling all
of the FE's being auctioned. There's not much of a way to tell. I've had
orders from various sellers come in combined for shipping over the years.

I've had an "interesting" time with one order from Nichegeek. It took a few
more tries than normal to get everything shipped ... Not totally out of the
ordinary for the e place, but still interesting. They all came in ok and
worked reasonably well. One unit took a while to lock the first time, but
it's locked up ok since then.

I have had much better luck with the FE's mounted on the PC boards in terms
of damage than with "loose" parts. I've had one of the recent FE's show up
with a bent corner and a couple of the earlier (three years back) version
show up with the same sort of cosmetic damage. The PC board acts as a pretty
good shipping protector.

Bottom line is still - don't spend more than you can afford to loose. Push
back early if something comes in that's not right.

Bob