[time-nuts] Neutrinos not so fast? (defectove connector)

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Feb 22 22:57:21 UTC 2012

Maybe they checked the connector by replacing the whole
fiber optic cable with a new one, and while doing that
had the "oh sh.." moment of realizing the length of the
old one was 20 meters different than it was supposed to be.
I think this sort of thing has happened to all of us
with significant experience.  Or maybe the cable was marked
with an incorrect length (not due to error by the experimenters)
and they forgot "trust but verify".  We've probably all
gotten bit by that one as well.

Rick