[time-nuts] Article in Metro (free London newspaper) about jamming GPS

Tom Knox actast at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 23 02:21:47 UTC 2012

An interesting related paper called UTC Time Transfer for High Frequency Trading Using IS-95 CDMA Base Station Transmissions and
IEEE-1588 Precision Time Protocol       http://www.endruntechnologies.com/pdf/PTTI2010_WhitePaper.pdf
This is the ultimate in legal insider trading machines built next to the NYSE for Goldman Sachs, it allows the user to see trades as they are happening and step ahead of them. The problem is if timing was even slightly off it could cost Goldman Sachs a fortune. So the article in the Metro is saying the large finacial institutions fear they could be beat at their own game. Very Interesting.
Thomas Knox