[time-nuts] Neutrinos not so fast? (defectove connector) - new approach

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Feb 23 17:52:32 UTC 2012

Hi

Back in the long ago, processing was expensive. Much of what we do goes back
to that era and paradigm.

A bidirectional loop with smarts on both ends would make a lot of sense
today. Spend $5 on each end and you can be sure of what's going on. Yell to
higher authority if something didn't look right. If it's "your" connection
(as it is for most simple timing links) send lots of data and average to
improve the SNR. The added cost is nearly zero...

Bob