[time-nuts] Article in Metro (free London newspaper) about jamming GPS

Larry Sampas larry at larrysampas.com
Fri Feb 24 15:24:36 UTC 2012

GPS Jamming awareness increased last year when the FAA isssued a NOTAM for
GPS anomalies from DoD tests:
https://www.faasafety.gov/files/notices/2011/Jan/GPS_Flight_Advisory_CSFTL11-01_Rel.pdf

There's also an old article on a jamming event here:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20202-gps
-chaos-how-a-30-box-can-jam-your-life.html

If you want to see the NTP server that some traders use, it's here:
http://www.fsmlabs.com/products

made by the folks who brought us RTLinux, one of the realtime Linux
distributions. (Warning: you may feel a compulsion to install realtime mods
to your linux kernel.)

Finally, inserting an extra second into trading clocks was also mentioned
in the movie, "The Grifters" in 1990.

Larry