[time-nuts] 2 out of 3 bad 5680As?

Dave hartzell hartzell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 05:18:06 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have two units that don't produce any output and the lock pin floats
around +2.3 volts continuously.  The +15v load starts at about 1.8A
and drops down to about 0.7A on both units, but I never get a +5V or
0V on the lock or a 10MHz out signal.  (I'm not using an LED on the
lock pin, just a high-impedance DVM.)

I'm relatively confident in my connection setup, since I do have one
unit that works "as advertised".  In fact, one of the bad units was a
replacement from nichegeek, received about three weeks after the
original first order of two units (from Amazon.com instead of China).

Sorry if this is covered somewhere, but I couldn't find my symptoms on
the list...  any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave