[time-nuts] OP-Amps for 10MHz distribution...?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Feb 28 22:20:56 UTC 2012

Hi

I think the tradeoff of "harmonics still better than -60dbc" is fine if the
floor does indeed drop a few more db. For time nut applications, it's going
to be the phase noise close to carrier that matters. Harmonics with
reasonable terminations would not be the big issue.

It will be interesting to see if the supplies really do contribute to the
close in noise in this case. If so, there are a lot of ways to take care of
that. My guess is that a couple simple linear regulators will take care of
it if there's an issue there.

If you have a setup to do so, take a look at the output return loss next
time it's up and running. One thing this approach *should* do is to give you
very good return loss.

Bob