[time-nuts] Thunderbolt? (re simple gpsdo.)

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jan 3 01:14:37 UTC 2012

> Time constant is just R*C.  If you have a 1000uF cap and a 1K resistor you
> have 1 second.  In theory you could build 100s just by using a 100K resistor
> but I think real world components are not perfect enough.

Does anybody know anything about the temperature coefficients of large caps?
I found data for ceramic caps, but when I added "electrolytic" all I got was
lifetime stuff rather than capacitance change with temperature.

I'm not interested in the frequency shift of the filter as the temperature
but the voltage shift due to a fixed charge as the capacitance changes.