[time-nuts] eBay Ublox

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Tue Jan 3 19:58:22 UTC 2012

Yes, and the new uBlox timing GPS have a software jamming sensor and
indicator which the Motorola/iLotus products do not have, and they are much
easier to get to work at a users' site than the Motorola parts, and much more
robust against jamming than the Motorola timing GPS. We have done extensive
tests here on our products that use the LEA-6T to prove that.

There are significant advantages in performance and easy-of-use to the
ublox parts compared to all other alternatives in the market today.

Still the Motorola designed parts have the best timing performance with a
margin when properly operated, so they still have significant applications
for  many years to come - one reason we offer the uBlox parts in some of our
products and the Motorola parts in others (i.e. Fury GPSDO).

BTW:

I applaud the use of the eBay name in this thread.

I think many members here are doing a dis-sevice on this list by naming it
ePay, 3Pay or whatever. They don't seem to remember what it was like
getting equipment before Ebay was around, and while I curse the Ebay fees and
policies, Ebay offers a great service, and we should give  them the respect
they deserve in my opinion. If you don't like Ebay,  then don't use them, use
Craigslist or used-line etc.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 1/3/2012 10:25:26 Pacific Standard Time,