[time-nuts] crunching numbers from XOR phase detector

Steve . iteration69 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 03:00:49 UTC 2012

Having access to two Rb sources and looking at phase shift and jitter is
something I find interesting. Has anyone fed two Rb sourced 10mhz signals
in to a high-z an op-amp and looked at the output on a SA ? Should probably
have at least 100mhz bw on the SA in order to see the events. A few tests
to run with this experiment are
1) From cold: phase spectra to lock
2) From hot(power cycle) phase spectral to lock -- both power down/up at
the same time. then vice versa
3) phase spectra relative to heat( forced air heat sinking, thermal
blanketing ,etc)

Obviously this test is geared for short term phase events, where as you are
looking for long term.  I find both equally interesting.

When i get some extra time and hardware,  I'm going to end up performing
this very test.

Steve