[time-nuts] Efratom FRK - no 10Mhz oscillator

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Jan 4 21:47:18 UTC 2012

> Btw ...Is there any place in Austin, TX I could walk in with the Efratom and
> get a 'cesium' check on the Efratom and calibrate it even further??? Appears
> it has a trimmer for such.

If you move your gear to someplace strange, you have to consider warm up time
and changes in temperature and local magnetic field and who knows what else.

You can calibrate it without help from a cesium.  Just use GPS and wait long
enough for the short term noise to be insignificant.

One approach would be to use the 10 MHz from your Efratom FRK to drive the
clock on one of tvb's picPETs and feed the PPS from your GPS to its event
input.
  http://www.leapsecond.com/pic/picpet.htm

Then just collect the data for a day or week.