[time-nuts] Thunderbolt? (re simple gpsdo.) >> capacitors

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 20:18:49 UTC 2012

Yes almost as long as you include ONE more Resistor, R2 added below.
The dual cap thing does not get rid of leakage entirely, but close enough in
most cases.
That configuration is most useful for slow open loop filters when you want
low leakage errors.

It may be a bit of an overkill for a closed loop filters when a 10 %
leakage would be tolerable.
I tested a 10,000 sec TC filter using a 10 meg and 1000 uF, and got under 1%
leakage error open loop.

ws

***************

[time-nuts] Thunderbolt? (re simple gpsdo.) >> capacitors
Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk

>>The leakage current noise I measured was way below insignificant when
>>things are properly scaled.

>Couldn't the "double condensor" from voltage references trick be used to
>eliminate the leakage entirely ?

 [Some op-amp]  >-+-----R2-----+-->
                               |               -----
                               |               -----