[time-nuts] FE-5680A performance - 1 PPS output issue

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Thu Jan 5 21:48:05 UTC 2012

Hi Chris,

> The documentation I have says pin 6 is "N/C" but it looks like there is a
> way to extract a usable PPS but I think I'm going to need and LC filter,
> some op amps and a one-shot and a TTL level driver.   My guess is that pin
> 6 is either some kind of engineering test/diagnostic signal not intended
> to use used or the signal is an accident.

I have two of the older generation. Here the ONLY output is a 1PPS, which
is divided by a fixed 2^23 from the internal DDS-generated frequency
(8.3xxxMHz). It is not possible to get both 10MHz and a 1PPS at the same
time. On the other hand the 8.3xxxMHz is tunable over many MHz.

(One of the units is also suffering from a mishap. 15V connected to the
1PPS output did some damage.)

--

    Björn