[time-nuts] Power supply for 'Bay FE-5680A?

mike cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Fri Jan 6 16:47:47 UTC 2012

Le 06/01/2012 17:02, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R a écrit :
> The Tech Manual does not call for heat sinking (unless I missed
> something).
> The top has labels over much of the surface.
> The bottom has a plastic sheet between the circuitry and bottom plate.
Yes, I am inclined to agree as I suspect these devices were designed to
run in uncontrolled temperature environments.

Maybe the test would be to measure the current draw over temperature,
when the box thinks it is warm enough it will stop heating the cell and
xo and so that is where it was designed to sit. I will also save you $$s
in electricity. Downside could be that hotter parts degrade faster.