[time-nuts] Thermal insulation choice?

Bob Smither smither at c-c-i.com
Sat Jan 7 00:13:52 UTC 2012

John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> I am looking for a readily available (from Home Depot or other local
> source) insulating material to use in a chassis that's housing a
> sensitive OCXO.  My goal is just to slow down any external thermal
> transients so the oven loop has time to react gracefully.

A friend is diabetic.  He gets his insulin mailed to him in foam "ice boxes"
that are 9"x11" outside, 6"x8" inside, with a lipped lid that fits snugly.

I have an OCXO in one such box.  The FE-5680A would fit, but as I don't really
know what the case temperature should be I am hesitant to try this.  Maybe if I
get a spare ...

--
Bob Smither, PhD                                   Circuit Concepts, Inc.
  "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but