[time-nuts] Getting my Rockwell D200 GPS to work

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Sat Jan 7 01:28:05 UTC 2012

Hi Don,

Among the other comments presented it seems the presumed antenna current might be
a little low compared to others.  That is, the additional 10 milliamps seems a
little low for an active antenna.

I would suggest trying to read the voltage on the antenna coax line to see if it
is proper.  It is possible that the antenna is not working properly or it might
not be an active antenna or it may not have enough gain.  In that case you would
need another antenna to test that theory.  But you would need to have the antenna
outside with good sky view and wait for 30 minutes or so to find out.

I would suggest looking at a proper outside antenna like ones in eBay ADs #
270884223800 or # 130603281022.  A friend of mine bought one like these and had
good luck with it.

The fact that you can get data out of the GPS receiver would suggest that it is
ok.  Good luck with your project.

Bill....WB6BNQ