[time-nuts] Temperature and signal amp for 'Bay FE-5680A?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Jan 7 20:23:23 UTC 2012

Kevin Rosenberg said the following on 01/07/2012 02:02 PM:

> TAPR told me last year that the kit discontinuance was due to the Maxim RF
> amplifiers becoming unavailable. I believe the T1-X65 transformers [1]
> I just bought from Mini-circuits are similar or identical to the
> transformer mentioned in the schematic.

Yes, the Max477 chips have become unobtainium.  Minicircuits still sells
the T1-1 transformers, so no problems there.

I've heard from someone who was going to try to substitute an Analog
Devices chip that was supposedly drop-in compatible, but haven't had an
update on whether that worked.

There is a replacement for the TADD-1 in the works, coming along slowly,
slowly (but with recent activity and progress).

John