[time-nuts] Temperature and signal amp for 'Bay FE-5680A?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Jan 7 22:53:56 UTC 2012

> So, here's a question.  One app is a rack of gear which all needs to get
> the 10 MHz.  I could just go find some distribution amp, but I would  prefer
> to build something.  Has anyone done this?

Sine or square wave?

                                                       I was thinking
perhaps a good
> solid reasonably high power op amp buffer feeding  resistors to each output
> to each piece of gear?  Anyone done this and  found any "gotchas" or success
> stories?

The advantage of that scheme is simplicity.  The disadvantage is reduced
isolation in case you have crap coming back from one of the devices you are
feeding.

I second the suggestion to scan the documentation for the TAPR distribution
amplifier.

There are actually two of them, one for RF and another for PPS/digital.
  http://www.tapr.org/kits_tadd-1.html
    http://www.tapr.org/~n8ur/TADD-1_Manual.pdf
  http://www.tapr.org/kits_tadd-3.html
    http://www.tapr.org/~n8ur/TADD-3_Manual.pdf