[time-nuts] HP Z3817A Reverse Engineering

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Mon Jan 9 03:07:05 UTC 2012

Hi Bob,

I bought mine on eBay from fluke.l for about $114 (including shipping).
I don't know if he has any more.

He didn't get positive feedback from me.  His pictures showed a
reasonable, used unit.  The unit he shipped was dented badly enough that
it was slightly crushed and appeared to have been out in the rain.  It
does work, but the E1938 seems to be taking a long time to settle down.
I hope the crystal wasn't damaged when it took the hit that dented the
case.  There is no physical damage to any of the boards.  I've dealt
with him before and was surprised and disappointed that he didn't
describe the condition better.  Buyer beware.

As for your 'lazy' E1938, have you grabbed the schematics and circuit
description from

http://www.prc68.com/I/HPE1938.shtml ?

Ed