[time-nuts] FE-5680A arrived

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jan 12 10:18:54 UTC 2012

> Some people are using this to measure 60Hz mains power frequency. Simply
> connect AC (using some safe method) to pin one of a serial port and every
> cycle gets time stamped.  The system is fast enough to log 1000 per second
> easy.

The code I'm using to collect PPS data is here:
  http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/60Hz/pps.py

It only runs on Linux.  It's only 100 lines of python.  The UI is a text
editor.

I'll clean it up a bit and/or write a few lines of documentation if anybody
needs it.

It sould be straightforward to rewrite it to use the c API so it would run on
*BSD.  RFC 2783 has the background info.