[time-nuts] FE-5680A Mechanical Question

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Thu Jan 12 13:34:44 UTC 2012

David,

I have been following discussions on the list about a GPSDRbO for a year or
so.  Some interesting challenges and probably best implemented in a 'stable'
environment rather than portable operation but as best I can tell, it would
require a very stable and good antenna location, stable and clean power, and
I was thinking of using something like an LPRO-101 with an Ext C Field
input, a Shera type controller, and a GPS timing receiver, though, I suspect
there are likely to be some 'multi-tasking' receivers out there that will
look at several sources including GPS, GLOSNASS, etc.

While the project might be fun, for portable work, it is likely far easier
and probably just as good (almost), to use a Tbolt.

In any event, something to think about for the future.

Joe