[time-nuts] FE-5680A Mechanical Question

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:17:48 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM, Bob Camp <lists at rtty.us> wrote:
> Hi
>
> One consideration is weather / when the FE writes the DDS setting to
> internal EPROM. You can easily wear out an EPROM if it's writing every time
> the DDS is updated. On the flip side, having the EPROM save the last correct
> value might make the "unplug and walk around" part a bit easier.

The user FE5680 manual suggests to write to EPROM once an hour.  I
might do that or I might have  the controller detect the "unplug"
event and then write to EPROM.     Likely we don't change the offset
more more then one every few hours if even that.

Either way I think the rule is write no more then once every hour or so.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California