[time-nuts] FE-5680A Mechanical Question

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Jan 12 17:24:54 UTC 2012

Hi

You could do a "push button before unplugging" sort of thing. Only write it
on command. That way the eprom would last forever ...

Once an hour for a year would be 8760 writes. If it's a true eprom, that
should be no problem. If it's rewriting flash, that could get exciting. I
wonder if there's an eprom chip on the board / embedded eprom in a cpu or
not...

Bob