[time-nuts] FE-5680A arrived

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Jan 12 17:36:24 UTC 2012

Hi

So, if it holds < 1x10^-12 (and maybe << 1x10^-12) for about two months,
what can you accomplish by locking it to a GPS? Your ADEV for very long
tau's should be sub 1.0x10^-13 (say 3x10^-14 at 100,000 sec).

You would have to have either a *very* long loop (weeks?) and/or a *very*
good GPS (big bucks) to keep from messing your Rb up.

The alternative would be to simply do a comparison every two months and
adjust it manually by the one or at most two DDS steps required.

Bob