[time-nuts] FE-5680A Mechanical Question

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:43:47 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 9:20 AM, Bob Camp <lists at rtty.us> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think it would be worth the effort to try dithering the DDS commands into
> the Rb while measuring ADEV. You *might* find that you can do it with little
> or no impact on the unit's stability. If so it takes out some modification
> effort and should make the controller cheaper.

The step size on the DDS is just over 5E-13.  This means a worst case
error of about 3E-13.   It could very well be that the Rb oscillator
can't be tuned any better than that. and RS232 is as good as you can
get.        Good chance that the engineer who picked the 5E-13 step
size pick it for good reason

> Bob

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California