[time-nuts] FE-5680A Mechanical Question

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri Jan 13 21:06:54 UTC 2012

Dither is only an issue when using a control loop. The difference is that
with dithering you eliminate the D/A portion which doubles the cost from $
15 to  $ 30. I personally prefer the analog approach. The same design can
have both  options. Part of the program.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 1/13/2012 3:48:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com writes:

Bert  wrote:

>wrong there is no DAC involved, it is a  DDS

Ahh.  Not so simple, then.  I still don't much like the  notion of
dithering, but it may be the only alternative.  Or, as has  also been
suggested here, add a manual C-field adjustment (but that would  not
change the fact that the RS-232 adjustments would still be ~ 7e-13  steps).

Best  regards,

Charles