[time-nuts] NTP for 64 bit windows

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 17 15:16:57 UTC 2012

> Of course, others can do as they wish, but why install something
> special if the built-in client does well enough? I used to have
> something special (can't remember which product it was), but when I
> discovered that the regular client did just as well for my purposes, I
> removed it.
[]
> --
> Anthony

I answered your first question on my Web page here:

  http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html#why

Should you become interested in precise time (look at the list name!), you
may well remove the built-in client, and move to the Windows port or
reference NTP.  If what you have works well enough for you (and I note
your comments about your server and LAN setup), and you can manage and
control it as well as you need, no need to change.

By the way, our application requires the time to be within a second or
so - it's for determining aircraft position by multilateration.  The
Windows port of reference what we recommend.

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu
Email:  david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk