[time-nuts] 5680A update

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Tue Jan 17 17:28:46 UTC 2012

I am, as I reported previously using a SMD LM335 away from the fan and held
 down with a screw and a small bracket and I get consistent .1 C. I do not
think that I would get 1 E-12  over weeks when my lab has seen more than 5
C temperature changes if my temperature readings are not correct.
Do not forget this was a quick and dirty setup, the final product will look
 more professional.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 1/17/2012 12:19:44 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
albertson.chris at gmail.com writes:

On Tue,  Jan 17, 2012 at 8:38 AM,  <EWKehren at aol.com> wrote:
> I am  using a fan that holds it within .1 C Its been month since I
measured
>  it but I did report it here and I think it is 42.7C.

0.1C is very good  for just using a fan.     What is the  fe5680
mounted  to?  just the heat sink or is there a thick metal plate.
Also what are  you using as a heat sensor.  Is the sensor press fit to
the heat sink  or.    I do remember reading about your temperature
controlled  fan but not the 0.1C part.   I'd have guessed yo could only
do  about 2.0C with a setup like yours.

Chris Albertson
Redondo  Beach,  California