[time-nuts] FE-5680A what is the size of the Torx??

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 06:25:14 UTC 2012

This is such a non-issue.  You can jam a nail in the hole and that
will work.  drill them out from the back side.   They have woods crew
like treads, not machine screws  Just about anything you try will
work.

So next what happens if you drop the screws and need to clean up the
floor. is a magnet better then a vacuum cleaner?  What about brooms?
Push brooms are a bit to large and don't work if the screw roll screw
roll under something  I think it's best just to bend over and pick
them up one at a time.

And then if you don't drop them how to best dispose of them or maybe
they can be re-used for some application.  If I keep them I a little
worried that I can ID the thread pitch so I don't know to store them
in my #4 scrw drawer or maybe they are metic.   Has anyone measured
the threads?  If they can't be re-used can they be recycled?  Are they
plated with toxic metal?

Maybe I'm over thinking this?  But maybe not if there are 15 posts on
how to remove a screw then what to do with them after they are removed
should be at least 35 more posts.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 6:35 PM, Chuck Harris <cfharris at erols.com> wrote:
> Home Depot sells a little HUSKY brand screwdriver tool that
> has replaceable bits.  It has all the tiny torx sizes.
>
> The correct tool has a black end cap, and costs about $6
>
> -Chuck Harris
>
> Paul F. Sehorne wrote:
>>
>> I'll give that a try. In the meantime, I'll try to come up with an Torx of
>> the
>> correct size. Brian said T-7 fit his.
>>
>> On 1/17/2012 6:07 PM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a tool with a number of Allen wrenches. The smallest
>>> of the lot fits the screws that hold the oscillator to the board.
>>>
>>> I found it easiest to insert the tool from the other side of the
>>> board rather than unscrewing the usual way. This way I
>>> was able to insert the Allen wrench well into the screw yet
>>> avoid interference with the oscillator box.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California