[time-nuts] FE-5680A won't lock

Peter Gottlieb nerd at verizon.net
Wed Jan 18 16:22:31 UTC 2012

   IMHO these units are designed for cooling by airflow around them and
   minimal conduction cooling.  With my unit there is minimal heat flow
   from the unit to the PC board it came attached to.  I am going to
   simply cut down the board a bit and mount it in a small plenum made of
   FR4 and use a small fan with controller.  This will be simple and get
   heat out from all sides.  It should be the closest to the way it was
   intended to be cooled, improved with the temp control, and still be
   small enough to be placed into other equipment.