[time-nuts] FE-5680A Voltage tolerance

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 00:29:35 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM, gonzo . <cadbloke at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Experiment for the day.
> I thought I'd follow Dons quote and see how tolerant my unit is.
> My benchmark is at 15.5V it locks in about 3min.
> I backed off the supply to 10.8V and the lock time (from cold) is 8min.

It looks like  I simply gave up to soon.   I waited about double the
"normal" time for lock and assumed it would never happen.  I figured
there must be a regulator inside and I was below its drop out range.

Could also be the all theses FE5680s don't have the same design.
Already we've seen some don' have 5V regulators possably they changed
the 15v side at some point?

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California