[time-nuts] FE-5680A Voltage tolerance

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Fri Jan 20 13:01:03 UTC 2012

Starting Sunday I will do some voltage tests, giving up on aging test, nine
 weeks is long enough. I will se if the next one is as good, how ever I do
not understand all the talk about running it at a lower voltage. Loosing
regulation will definitely impact performance. I have not analysed my unit
but a  13.3 V LDO was reported. In my opinion that says what the lower limit
is based  on sufficient margin for that regulator. What is wrong with 15
Volt? I am  running the unit right out of the switcher no extra filtering and I
can say  based on my tests that it is good to 1 E-12. I also se a 4 Hz loop
that  will be there with any kind of regulation. That is why I will include
a clean up  OCXO with a 100 second analog filter. That OCXO will get special
attention in  its supply voltage regulation. Starting out with 15 Volt
gives me enough head  room. I am using a $ 10   12 V 2 A switcher cranked up to
15  V.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 1/20/2012 7:43:16 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,