[time-nuts] Things to look for when buying a few FE-5680A's?

Brad Stockdale brad at shinji.net
Sun Jan 22 05:59:26 UTC 2012

All,

    I've been on the sidelines of being a time nut for a while now and
I'm working on getting back into things. Before I drifted away from my
hobbies, I remember the FE-5680's being around, but I didn't know much
about them and was more interested in GPSDO's. I think I'd like to help
kickstart my interest in the area again by picking up a few FE-5680A's
from eBay. So, I was wondering if there's any certain things I should
look for when buying some...

    It looks like there's a pretty consistent supply right now on
eBay... Are there certain sellers that people would recommend?

    I noticed that Option 2 is the RS-232C stuff. Do most on eBay have
this option?

    Anything in particular I should watch out for?

Thanks,
Brad