[time-nuts] FE-5680 serial command tester

Scott Newell newell+timenuts at n5tnl.com
Sun Jan 22 20:56:20 UTC 2012

Here's some source and a cygwin binary (let me know if I need to do a
win32 binary) for a little app that will try all the known data
request commands on your FE-5680.  If you're willing and able, I'd
like for you to run this against each unit you have before it's
locked and again after it's locked.  I'd love to see a copy of your
data and the info from the barcode stickers on the cover.

http://n5tnl.com/time/fe-5680a/control/fe5680_info.exe
http://n5tnl.com/time/fe-5680a/control/fe5680_info.c

 From the latest tests on my two working units, I'm pretty sure that
the 0x61 reply is the unit serial number in asciiz text
("70716").  0xf0 appears to be some sort of version number in asciiz
text ("3.4" on all mine).  0x2b is a weird one; it appears to be a
frequency in asciiz text ("20000000" on one unit, ">20000000.000000"
on the other!).

Thanks for the help everyone!

--
newell  N5TNL