[time-nuts] HP5328A LEDS driver transistor

Stan Searing timenutstan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 21:07:38 UTC 2012

A good source of replacement parts for test equipment is Sphere Research (
http://www.sphere.bc.ca/ ).
They don't show any in stock, but you could email.
NTE is a good source for replacement parts, but the NTE189 is really
expensive ($26.73 from Newark
and $30.59 from Mouser).  For the cost of a couple of these you can get a
whole 5328A (I have one or two
on my shelf I'd sell for $50 if you are ever up in San Jose).
I'd use a MJE171GOS-ND<http://search.digikey.com/us/en/products/MJE171G/MJE171GOS-ND/919498>
 or 497-4829-5-ND<http://search.digikey.com/us/en/products/2SB772/497-4829-5-ND/954133>
from
DigiKey (but as mentioned by others,
watch the pinout, as most any power tab transistor will have the collector
in the center,
while the MPS-U51 is one of the few exceptions).  You might also need to
slim down
the leads to fit the PC board.

Stan