[time-nuts] GPIB programming 'íb' style

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 04:16:58 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Luis Cupido <cupido at mail.ua.pt> wrote:
> Is it possible to program under Windows, still
> using the old_style national instruments 'ib...' calls.
> when using USB-GPIB interfaces like prologix or others ?
> p.s.(I only have real GPIB 'c' programming experience on MSDOS...

I think the big different between DOS and Windows will be the windows
programs are structured differently.   With MSDOS you "own" the
computer and there is nothing else going on.  It is like programming
an embedded micro controller.   With Windows you respond to events.
For example in DOS to read once every second you would do the read, do
a one second delay and then loop back.  In Windows you'd start a one
second timer and then do your read as a response to the timer event.
No delay loop.
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California