[time-nuts] hijacking threads

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Jan 23 10:56:00 UTC 2012

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 01:02:50 -0800
gary <lists at lazygranch.com> wrote:

> I don't see how the thread was hijacked. I hit reply, but cleared the
> subject line and text in the original message.
>
> No other forums have issues with this.

The issue is, that the header, which records the history of a mail
is not cleared by simply clearing the subject and mail content.

To see the effect, select View -> Sort by -> Threaded
Then you see how the other mail clients, which have threading enabled
by default* see a mailinglist with lots of parallel discussions like this.

			Attila Kinali

* Threading enabled has been the standard until outlook came around
and thunderbird mimics outlooks behavoir by default

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin