[time-nuts] US Army Frequency Standard

J. Forster jfor at quikus.com
Tue Jan 24 22:29:31 UTC 2012

It appears to be a Test Set for the FMQ-1 Radiosonde Receiveing system.
Radiosondes used audio tones to encode temperature, pressure, and humidity
as audio tones and transmitted those tones to a ground station where they
were demodulated and recorded.

Interestingly, this thing apparently used a tuning fork to run a
synchronous motor with a disk with holes punched in it to generate the
tones. I've only been able to fing the -24P manual, which is an
illustrated parts list.

I'd try either ArmyRadios Group on Yahoo or Milsurplus on QTH

Best,

-John