[time-nuts] Building a GPSDO & trouble using Jupiter-T

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Mon Jan 30 08:56:41 UTC 2012

Timing GPS receivers usually have the sawtooth correction message and I saw
an application of a delay line to correct the PPS before using it. Of
course if you time the PPSes difference with a time-to-digital you don't
need to correct the incoming hardware PPS by a delay line, but to implement
an all-analog PPS PLL then it can be done. For those of you who use a 10KHz
reference signal there is not even the need for a long time constant in the
low pass filter: to average 1000 PPSes you need 1000 seconds but to average
1000 10KHz cycles you need only 0.1 seconds.