[time-nuts] Racal-Dana 1991 w. Option 4C - what is that ?

cfo xnews2 at luna.kyed.com
Mon Jan 30 17:24:50 UTC 2012

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 09:18:32 -0800, Larry McDavid wrote:

> One does occasionally find Racal 9462 ocxo offered on eBay. Also, one
> sometimes finds non-operational Racal instruments offered at low price
> but which to have Option 04E installed. I convinced one seller to remove
> the Option 04E module (the Racal 9462) and sell just that with much
> lower shipping cost.
>
> There is also what is evidently an older Racal frequency standard module
> similar in appearance to the 9462 but which has screws attaching the end
> plate rather than the soldered-can 9462; one of those is seen from time
> to time on eBay from the UK but I have avoided that.

I have been looking for a Racal 9462 ocxo , for my Racal-Dana 1991
counter. I will prob. use my Tbolt anyway , and save the money.

But i'm confused ... Is it a 5 Mhz or a 10 Mhz unit.

I have found pictures of one claiming it's 5Mhz
http://www.jbtech.de/parts/racal_dana/9462.html

But i have also received a picture from jaap , with a racal 9492 , where
it clearly says its a 10Mhz unit.

Can anyone clarify ?

I think there was an "option" that enabled the use of "other ocxo values"
is that why a 5Mhz can be used , in some 1991's ?

If i ever decide to get a OCXO , i would like to get the "right one".

Regards
CFO