[time-nuts] Leap second? Yay or nay?

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Mon Jul 2 12:36:05 UTC 2012

Considering how slowly the seconds accumulate, 99.999999% of the population
wouldn't even notice that sunrise was what, 30 seconds off over the course
of a century?

The very few that do need to keep track of the rotations of the Earth
precisely could easily do so using a library routine that knew the machinations
of the slowdown of the Earth... past and present.

Why put everyone on Earth at risk when it isn't even close to necessary?

-Chuck Harris