[time-nuts] HP-5065a advise and purchase decision

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Jul 3 11:08:17 UTC 2012

Hi

The cells only fail if you drop and break them. The lamps can wear out, but generally don't. The lamps can be found. The power transformer in any of these old beasts is the part that I worry about. Both HP and Tek used very conservative design rules on their transformers, they normally last a long time.

Bob