[time-nuts] Is Timelab with a Prologix-Eth and a PM6680 - working ?

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 3 14:57:32 UTC 2012

On 7/3/12 7:34 AM, cfo wrote:
> I just got a PM6680/016 - Std. Osc + GPIB + 1.3Ghz -Chan.C
> The best my budget could afford :-)
>
> I would like to try out John's Timelab.
> But only have a Prologix-Ethernet GPIB adapter , no USB version.
>
> I was wondering if anyone can confirm that Timelab would work on a
> PM6680 , using a Prologix-Eth ?

Timelab certainly works with the Prologix GPIB.. I use it all the time
(with a HP counter, not the PM6680).

A few things to think about..
run the Prologix configurator first to make sure the darn thing is
talking at the address you expect it to be at.  I spent hours fooling
with various things, carrying that darn Prologix up and down stairs
between lab and office before I finally figured out it was my cheap $10
USB/Ethernet dongle that was screwing me up.  (I wanted a "private"
network at 192.168.1.x for this stuff)

Once you have verified connectivity with the Prologix, then timelab
works easily..

I'm still fooling with making it all work under Centos  (not timelab..
python and sockets) and a 33120 ARB.  (It works fine.. I'm just fooling
with the python part)