[time-nuts] Is Timelab with a Prologix-Eth and a PM6680 - working ?

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Tue Jul 3 16:37:43 UTC 2012

Well, let's see: usually the Allan deviation is computed by collecting
phase (time error) samples. You have to select time interval in TimeLab and
on the PM6680 TIME A-B. If you want to use frequency samples (this is
strange for me, never used frequency samples) then you must select
frequency in TimeLab and FREQ A on the PM6680.
Selecting TIME A-B requires that you use both the A and B inputs (start and
stop) to time your signals but since you are trying to measure the TBolt
with itself you must delay the signal going to A before it reaches B. Use a
long coaxial cable as a delay line (50 meters should work). Measuring a
signal with a delayed replica of itself can be useful to see how good is
the counter.