[time-nuts] timelab

Azelio Boriani azelio.boriani at screen.it
Thu Jul 5 08:21:12 UTC 2012

Don,
what do you mean by "not getting them sequentially"? The stop signal should
determine the rate of the samples and if the stop signal is the test signal
then any non-uniformity in time is due to that signal. Maybe a good idea to
feed the stop trigger with the reference to assure the best time
uniformity. Once the sample is ready then feeding it at the exact time when
it is available or deferred should be irrelevant. A process is ergodic when
more than one statistic give the same result but in this case I can't see
how to check for ergodicity. One move maybe to apply the average to groups
of samples and see if the average is the same for every group of samples.
We already know that this may not happen and the Allan statistic was
introduced exactly to account for that.